Prior to working within the private sector, I worked as a paramedic within the NHS for 18 years. During this time I gained clinical experience in 999 emergencies, working on ambulances and rapid response vehicles.
I became a manager with responsibility for running 2 ambulance stations. The stations provided ambulance, rapid response vehicles and patient transport services.
In addition, I became a Bronze Commander for the ambulance service. This leadership role involved working with other agencies (eg police, fire, local authorities) and had two functions:
- Organising the necessary medical care and ensuring public safety at large gatherings and events
- Dealing with patient care at any major incidents within the district
- My professional memberships are with:
- Health Care Professions Council – State Registered Paramedic (registration number is PA 03765)
- The Royal College of Surgeons Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care